Diabetes Management Program
Managing diabetes can be expensive, but with Benzer Pharmacy it doesn’t have to be. Benzer has teamed up with ARKRAY, Your Diabetes Health Ally, to provide quality diabetes management at a price you can afford!
With this new partnership, you can get a new GLUCOCARD® Shine XL blood glucose meter at no charge* and a 50 count supply of diabetes test strips for just $12.99. At a price less than your average copay, this program is great for anyone paying cash or more than $13 with insurance for their diabetes test strips...skip the copay and save!
With our new diabetes management program you not only get a new meter and test strips for just $12.99, but you also have access to a robust education and prevention programs for pre-diabetics and diabetics alike.
Patients can receive a new blood glucose meter at no charge*. and 50 test strips for just $12.99. The GLUCOCARD Shine XL is a highly accurate, full feature meter for all your testing needs.
- 1, 7, 14, 30 or 90 day averaging
- Total, pre/post-meal averaging
- Auto coding
As of 6/1/19, the GLUCOCARD Shine XL is our preferred meter system. With this new program, patients will now get:
- Blood glucose meter at no charge (1 per patient per year with purchase of strips)
- (50) Test strips for a cash price of just $12.99 (that’s less than your average copay)
- A free Diabetes Wellness Kit to help educate our patients on proper disease state management
Looking for resources on diabetes management?
We’ve got you covered.
With our new program, you not only get quality diabetes care, but the tools and resources you need for overall health and wellness. With Benzer Pharmacy, you have access to a robust set of tools to help you make small, simple changes for healthier outcomes.
Diabetes Wellness Kit
As part of our new program, you can receive a diabetes wellness kit at no cost. Register online or call 1.800.566.8558
Diabetes Management Resources
In addition to the diabetes wellness kit, you can get all sorts of free online wellness resources for living a healthy lifestyle. Sign up here and also ask your pharmacist about our other in-house consultative services.
Selling DME by a Supplier Without a PTAN*
Certain disclaimers must be made when a supplier sells, without a PTAN*, DME to a Medicare beneficiary. 42 U.S.C. §1395m(j)(4)(A) states that if a supplier furnishes DME to a Medicare beneficiary, for which no payment may be made because the supplier does not have a Medicare supplier number, then any expenses incurred for the DME will be the responsibility of the supplier. The beneficiary will have no financial responsibility for the expenses, and the supplier will refund any amounts collected from the beneficiary unless before the DME was furnished, the beneficiary was informed that Medicare would not pay for the DME and the beneficiary agreed to pay for the item.
Assume that a DME supplier, without a PTAN*, desires to sell items for cash over the internet. The supplier’s web page should have the following in large bold type appear as soon as the customer clicks on a link to view DME….as well as immediately prior to check-out:
* Notice to Medicare Beneficiaries. Medicare will pay for medical equipment and supplies only if a supplier has a Medicare supplier number. We do not have a Medicare supplier number. Medicare will not pay for any medical equipment and supplies we sell or rent to you. You will be personally and fully responsible for payment
* Limit one per patient per year, with the purchase of test strips.